Looking to update Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.1 Jelly bean AOKP Build 1 ROM? If yes, then read the following article as it is going to help you immensely quite like the way you want.
The release of custom ROM based on Android 42.1 is synonymous with enhanced and sophisticated features in terms of custom vibrations along with audio settings which has LED control.
It is important to use the ClockworkMod Recovery tool in order to install ROM. One has to download this specific tool with Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean AOKP Build 1 package. It hardly takes few minutes for the entire process to end.
Things to consider
- In order to continue updating with ROM, it is important for your Nexus 7 to be rooted.
- You need to ensure that installation of ClockworkMod Recovery tool is done in order to install AOKP custom firmware.
- Ensure a backup of your important data so that it is safe and secure.
- Have USB debugging in your device and in order to make your device detectable to your computer, it is important that your necessary drivers are properly installed.
- The aforesaid instructions are applicable for ASUS Google Nexus 7. If in case, you have other devices then you need to go to Settings=>About tablet.
Following are the instructions
- Download files namely Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 1 ROM from Google Play and save them.
- Connect them to your computer with the assistance of the original USB data cable and copy the files and finally download into internal memory. It is important for you to save them in the root directory, or else it will be next to impossible for the CWM Recovery to detect them.
- After disconnecting your device from the computer, power it off and boot it into Recovery Mode. This can be done easily by pressing and holding VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN along with POWER buttons. Thereby, you are going to reach Bootloader Menu. Simply, by following the on-screen instructions you will be proceeded to CWM Recovery mode.
- It is imperative for you to ensure data wipe in a full fledged way.Prior to flashing the custom ROM: choose Data Wipe/Factory Reset=>Yes. After that, it will take you back to CWM recovery main menu
- As by going through the aforesaid steps, you are all set to flash AOPROM. Now you are required to select options by Installing zip from SD card=>. It requires you to choose zip from SD card. Thereby, you will be browsing through the internal memory of your device at the place where you have saved Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 1 ROM. You will be automatically directed to the main menu.
- Repeat the aforesaid process with Google Apps package as well.
- In the final step, it is important to reboot the system so that it efficiently works with the newly-installed ROM.
Finally, in this way you will be able to update Nexus 7 in the easiest possible manner.