Samsung Galaxy S3 Explodes Onto the Scene…A Little Too Literally!

Samsung Electronics has launched an investigation into the safety of its new Galaxy S3 Smartphone, following reports from a consumer in Ireland whose S3 apparently exploded. The reports surfaces just hours before the loan awaited release date of the Samsung Galaxy S3 is to be made official in the US, therefore stands to potentially damage early sales if found to be accurate.

Samsung has already shipped millions of S3s to satisfied customers across Europe and Asia – the US launch and another due to take place in South Korea are already earmarked to smash all existing Android records.

Unfortunately for Samsung, the overwhelmingly positive reception afforded to the Galaxy S3 may be in danger or souring somewhat, as a recent S3-buyer in Ireland has posted images and comments referring to what does indeed appear to be a Galaxy S3 that has exploded.

That being said, the consumer has been careful enough to point out that the fault may not be anything specifically to do with the safety of the S3 itself, but instead could have been caused by something in the car or the ambient temperature.

“There’s no confirmation it was a fault with the phone. It may actually have been caused by a combination of my car mount and my car’s heating system,” he wrote among other comments.

Of course, this is far from the first time reports of overheating Smartphone and tablets have come to light in 2012, with Apple’s new iPad having just weeks ago caused controversy by giving off considerable heat when used heavily.

What’s more, Samsung themselves have also come under fire from with safety issue allegations, when a South Korean student earlier this year reported that the battery for his Galaxy S2 exploded while in his pocket.

Samsung responded by suggesting that the battery much have been exposed to massive external force to trigger the failure.

“Samsung is aware of this issue,” wrote Samsung in response to the latest incident in Ireland. “Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously,” spoke a Samsung official in relation to the latest incident in Ireland.

(Visited 52 times, 12 visits today)

Comments

  1. The owner stuck the phone in a microwave, it seems…

Speak Your Mind

*