The word “Android” has taken the world by storm and is dominating the Smartphone companies all over the world. Frequently made changes in the system are the ones that keep us interested and people like to be updated every minute. Updates in an android phone are usually called OTA. For many android phones, you need not update through Personal Desktop Computer or Laptop. Updates are freely available for all phones.
Explaining the Updating Process
The updating does not require any username and password entries. Following are the steps to accomplish the updating process.
- Press the “menu” button on your Smartphone.
- Then select “Settings” and open sub-menu.
- Scroll to the last option which is named as, “About phone”. Tap on it.
- Select “System updates” and if there is an update available, the system will take the measures promptly.
- Click “Install Now” once the update version shows up. If not, then you will get a message that the system is currently up to date.
- Alternatively, after the option, “About phone”, you may select, “Firmware version” line and this will tell you the version of the android phone which you are using.
However, there are different steps for few other android phones. For example, in Samsung android phones, we can update directly from PC or laptop. Following steps are to be procured.
- Download the latest version of Samsung Kies by searching it from Google or from the Samsung apps official website.
- After downloading it, run the Samsung Kies Application.
- Connect the Samsung Smartphone to your PC or laptop through a data cable. The system will automatically recognize the device. The Samsung Kies application will alert you with a pop up message asking you to upgrade the firmware or the version of your android phone.
- Click on ‘Update’. A new window will pop up. Read the details or instructions that follow and click on “Start Upgrade”. Depending on your Internet speed, updating will take time accordingly. Make sure that the cable is well connected to the PC during this process.
You will be notified as soon as the process is over and then you can safely unplug your device.
Taking Care of Other Challenges
There are certain versions of android which cannot be upgraded. For instance, from version G1 to the version Gingerbread there are no update options available. Sometimes, there is a necessity to improve or change the phone software for the cause of upgrading it. We can do this by going to sites like wotanserver.com which has programming software and can flash the phone back by restoring the original software subsequent to which the updating can take place without any problem. Some side effects will be there after updating the android version of the phone. Home screen of the phone and wallpapers etc will be restored to default.
In the Application Menu folders, sorting and home keys will automatically reset and so will be the music playlist and their settings. Though contact groups will remain but sub-contacts within groups will be deleted and also the Bluetooth paired devices. There may be some other changes which might take place but altogether these are the main alterations.