There are many plugins that get installed in your browser without your knowledge due to clicking some odd link during browsing the internet. Most of the time the plugins are installed when you are installing a specific program in your PC.
Most of the plugins are security but some plugins such as java plugins are particularly vulnerable to malicious software and are full of holes that allow the malware to be installed on your browser and collect your information. Fortunately such type of plugins can be easily removed from the browser but sometimes the settings can be found in the hidden advanced browser settings.
So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to view and remove the plugins from any kind of browser. For the sake of this guide we have used the most popular browsers in the internet which are widely used.
How To View And Remove Plugins From Google Chrome
- To view all the plugins that are installed in chrome type chrome://plugins in the address bar and press enter.
- This page will show you all the plugins that are installed and enabled in your chrome. To disable a plugin just click disable under the particular plugin.
- Fortunately what kind of plugins run in your browser is allowed by you. You can also enable a particular plugin to always run or simply disable it.
How To View And Remove Plugins From Mozilla Firefox
- To see which plugins are installed click on firefox button at top left corner and click on add-ons and then click on plugins
- From this page you can either enable or disable specific plugins in your browser.
- To view more detailed information about a plugin then type about:plugins in the address bar and press enter.
How To View And Remove Plugins From Internet Explorer
- To view the plugins click on the gear like icon on top right corner and click on manage add-ons
- This will show you all the plugins that are installed along with the active-x type of plugins. Click on currently loaded add-ons and select all add-ons to view the list of all the plugins installed.
- To select a specific add-on select it and then click on disable button located at bottom right corner of the window.
How To View And Remove Plugins From Opera
- To view the list of plugins type opera:plugins in the address bar and press enter.
- From this page you can disable any and all type of plugins by selecting it and then pressing the disable button.
There you have a simple guide that will allow you to view and remove plugins from the browser that you are using.
If you know of any other way with which you can remove a plugin from your system then do let us know