Live Mesh is a free service from Microsoft that will allow you to instantly access your files from anywhere. Not only from anywhere but you can use Live Mesh to sync the files between your computer, mobile devices and also MACs.
When you sign up for Live Mesh you get a free storage space of 5Gb. You can even remotely access the live mesh to get your files and its functionality is similar to what you get with Dropbox. But with dropbox you get only 2 GB of free space.
So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to use Live Mesh to sync files between your devices.
Instructions For Using Live Mesh
- Head over to the Live Mesh Website and either Sign in with your existing Hotmail username and password or just sign up for a new account
- After you sign in you will be provided with a link to your Live Desktop. This link is your online desktop where you can save all your files and also use this link for syncing your files with your other devices
- You will be familiar with the online desktop because it has similar interface as your windows desktop including the aero theme
- To add a folder click on Create to enter the new folder menu and if you click on create new folder you can then enter the name of your folder.
- After you have entered the name of the folder now click on the Show Synchronization options to choose where you want to sync your files. With this option you can synchronize files between 2 or more computers or devices.
- You can use the explorer window in Mesh to upload files to the folder that you have created
- You can even use the slideshow option which is powered by Microsoft Silverlight to browse through your pictures which can be done by clicking the Media View Button
- You can even connect to mesh with your windows powered devices by clicking on devices which you can do by clicking on Add device.
- You can add devices running Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. Mesh also supports the 64bit versions and also the tech preview for MAC OS X
- Installation of the desktop client is very easy and the icon sits in your taskbar and pops up whenever you make changes to your mesh folder.
- After the desktop client is installed you need to sign in with the account with which you created the Mesh.
- Adding a folder to your Mesh account is very just right click on the folder and click on Add folder to Live Mesh
- Now whenever you log in to your live desktop your computer along with other devices that you have added will be listed on mesh
- You can also use your windows phone to access Live mesh and sync the files that you have stored there.
There you go an easy process with which you can use Live Mesh to sync files and folder between your devices.
If you know of any other easier ways with which you can sync your files across multiple devices easily then do let us know.