Cloud storage offers very convenient way of storing and accessing your file from anywhere and from any device. As long as you sign in with your account the file that you have stored can be easily accessed and modified. In addition you can upload new files too so that you are able to share it with your friends and families.
There are many cloud storage apps available such as Dropbox, sugar sync for which the apps are available in the play store and majority of them are attracting users by offering a sizeable free space without the need of any paid subscription.
Google has launched their new service Google Drive last year which offers the same functionality as other cloud service but in addition to that you are also able to sync some of your other Google apps with the Drive.
New users can download Google Drive from the play store and get 5GB of storage for free. So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to use Google Drive efficiently.
How To Use Google Drive
- Visit the play store and download the Google drive app and install it. After installation launch the app and follow the onscreen instruction till you reach the main screen of drive app.
- Once in home screen you will notice several options. My drive options lets you see all the files that you have uploaded. The starred option lets you quickly access your favorite files. The shared option shows you the files that you have given access to other people.
- One of the best feature of Google Drive is its integration with Google docs. This feature sets it apart from other cloud services. You can use drive to create new docs and instantly upload them. To create new documents tap on options icon and tap on new.
- After you have created the document and edited it then you can tap the tick in the top left corner to save the document to Google drive.
- If you want to upload a new document then go to main screen and tap on document. It will show you the documents that you have saved including any new documents that you have saved recently.
- To upload photos to your drive tap on options button on the home screen and select new from the menu. Then tap on image and select an image that you want to upload and tap on OK.
- If you want to use a different account then make sure that you are still signed in to Google drive and then from the home screen select the files you want to add to your other account and make them available offline.
- To switch to the second account tap on the bar that’s showing your current Gmail address and a drop down menu will appear and then tap on add new account or if you have already added your second account then tap on it to switch to it.
So there you have a simple tutorial that will help you to get used to Google drive and upload your files while keeping track of them.
Do let us know what you think about Google drive and if there are any other cloud service that offers such integration option as Google drive.