You have been using an email provider from quite some time but you are unhappy with the service they offer or there are certain feature that you need but is available in another provider you want to sign up with. When you sign up with a new provider you are unable to transfer the emails from your old account.
We have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to transfer the mails from your old email account to your new email account without losing any of them. For the purpose of this guide we will go through the three popular email clients Hotmail, and Gmail.
How To Import Old Emails And Contacts In Gmail
- Log in to your Gmail and click on the gear icon and click on settings.
- In settings click on accounts and import tab.
- Scroll down to see import mail and contacts and click on it. You will be required to enter your new email ID to which you want your mail and contacts to be imported.
- Depending on the amount of mails and contacts in your email it will take from several hours to several days for the import to your new account to be completed.
How To Import Old Emails And Contacts In Hotmail
- You need to use trueswitch wizard that is partnered with Microsoft and will allow you to import emails and contacts from your other accounts.
How To Import Old Emails And Contacts By adding Forwarding Address
- Some email services such as yahoo mail do not support for importing emails and contacts to other email providers unless you buy a paid subscription.
- In such cases it is useful to set up an email forwarding function which will allow you to receive the mails that you get in your old account to be forwarded to your new account.
- From the settings of our old email account go to the email forwarding page and set up the POP3 client and then enter the new email ID.
- This should forward all the incoming emails from your old account to new account.
There you have a simple guide that will allow you to transfer all the email and contacts from your old email provider to your new email provider.
If you know if any other way that will allow you to transfer all the emails from your old account to new account do let us know.