When you take your phone on contract you will be stuck with your phone for at least 2yrs or so. During that time your phone will go under lot of wear and tear especially the hardware buttons. Over the course of time you will notice that the buttons are hard to press or they are slow to respond.
Sometime they tend to stop responding. This is particularly seen with the home hardware button on your device. So to prevent you from facing the failing unresponsive buttons we have prepared a guide which will teach you how to replace the hardware button with virtual buttons thus extending the life of your old android device.
For the purpose of this guide we will be using the button savior app that will allow you to replace those old worn out hardware buttons with the virtual buttons.
How To Set Up Virtual Hardware Buttons
- Visit the play store to download the Button savior app. After you have downloaded you will notice a small arrow icon at the right side of the screen.
- Tapping on the arrow will reveal further icons which correspond to back, task switching, home and power button. You can even change the order of the icons to suit your needs.
- There are certain other functions on the button savior which requires your phone to be rooted before you can use them.
- On top of the three virtual buttons is three dot which you can tap on to reveal further buttons such as volume control button, camera button and search button. You can tap on the X button to close the list of icons.
- You can tweak the app via its settings menu to suit your needs.
- You can also change the theme of the app which you can use to match the theme of your phone. You can also set up transparency and size of button all according to your preference.
- You can customize where the icon bar should be located. By default its on the right side but you can change it to b on left side or at the top.
There you have an easy guide that will help you to set up virtual hardware buttons on your android device thus extending the life your device and allowing your day to day operation of the phone without any hiccups.
Do let us know if there are any other ways with which you can set up virtual hardware buttons on your android device.
Others are searching for:
- stop button android virtual