You are a proud owner of a netbook as it allows you numerous advantage as it is light weight and portable. The maximum amount of resolution a netbook can offer is 1024×768 and if you have windows 8 installed on your netbook then this is the optimum resolution for running the metro apps.
But what if you have a netbook which offers much lower resolution and you have windows 8 installed this will not allow you to run the metro apps. We have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to run windows 8 metro apps with a couple of modification which can be easily carried out by you.
How To Run Windows 8 Metro Apps In Netbook
- In your start menu type regedit and press enter
- Once registry editor opens up press Ctrl + F and search for display1_downscaling_supported after press enter
- You should be able to see a setting names display1_downscalingsupported in right side and double click it to set the value to 1
- Then again press F3 to open the search and search for every display1_downscalingsupported setting to 1
- After you have done the changes to all the display down scaling restart your computer.
- Now open your screen resolution and you can change it to 1024×768 and will be able to launch the modern apps.
- If after restart you see a black screen then you can boot into safe mode and undo the changes that you made.
There you have an easy guide to change your netbook resolution and you can use the metro apps in your windows 8 netbook.
If you know of any other way with which you can change the resolution of your netbook so that you can run metro apps then do let us know.