There are times when you have been to a bar or a restaurant and enjoying your coffee while going through your android phone enjoying the various apps that it has to offer. When the time comes to leave you forget your phone and leave realizing that you have lost your phone only after reaching home.
At such times going back to the place may not help you recover your android smart phone. Or at times you have just misplaced your phone and are looking for it. Losing your android phone or tablet is very serious because it’s always linked to your Google account and the thief can have access to your personal information.
The device can be used to purchase online goods if you have our credit card details saved in your account. So to prevent that we have prepared a guide for you with which you will be able to lock, erase or recover your lost android device. For the purpose of this guide we will be using the Where’s My Droid App.
How To Recover Your Lost Android Device
- Visit the play store either on your android phone or tablet and install the app Where’s My Droid. After installation just keep on tapping next until you come to the screen where you see the commander button.
- Once you tap the commander button it will ask you to connect with your Google account. So enter the Google account that is being used on your device and press connect. The app will ask your permission to access your data and agree to it. You are done so tap the home button to quit.
- If you have lost your tablet or phone log into the website www.wheresmydroid.com and click on the commander icon at the top of the webpage to connect and link your device.
- Once you have agreed to the permission of using your Google account you will be connected to your device. You can get the status, ring it or locate it via the GPS. The pro version of the app also allows you to lock or completely wipe the memory of your device.
- If you want the device to be located through GPS then click on the Accurate GPS button. It will take 5min or so to locate your device and once the information has been obtained you can view it on the Google Map by clicking the view on map button.
There you have a simple guide that will allow you to secure your device remotely and prevent the misuse of your account and its information.
Do let us know if there are any other ways with which you can locate and secure your lost android device.