There are times when you are cleaning your hard drive or USB drive from all the unnecessary files and have deleted them but then only to realize that among all these files you had some files that you needed to use on a later date but now it cannot be recovered and also you don’t have the backup of that file.
So we have prepared this guide which is bound to help out lot of users as it will help you to recover the files that you have accidentally deleted while cleaning. For the purpose of this guide we have used two free software recuva and diskdigger. Both of them offer easy to use interface and quickly restore the files that were deleted.
How To Use Recuva To Recover Deleted Files
- Download and install recuva from their official website.
- Launch the recuva wizard and in the first page you can select the type of files you want to recover.
- In the next screen you need to specify where the file was present. If the file was deleted from your SD card or USB drive make sure that its plugged in.
- From next page you can either select quick scan or deep scan. For the first time you can use quick scan if it fails to recover your file then go for the deep scan.
- The files will be displayed once they are recovered then you can select which specific file you want to recover.
- Click the file you want and then click on recover. Save the file in another location to prevent its lose.
How To Use DiskDigger To Recover Deleted File
- Download diskdigger and unzip it. It’s a great tool because it doesn’t require any installation.
- You can select whether you want to do a deep scan or quick scan and also select the drive where you want to do the scan.
- As the app scans your drive it will display the list of files that were deleted on left hand side and if it’s a picture you selected from the list you can preview it on the right hand side.
- You can select one or more files and then click on recover and the files are restored.
There you have an easy guide that will allow you to use either recuva or diskdigger to recover and restore the deleted files.
If you know of any other way with which you can restore deleted files then do let us know.
Others are searching for: