There are many movie editing apps available in the market but none of them were compatible with android until the release of Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich which brought with it a host of new feature and one of them was the ability to edit movies.
The devices that come preinstalled with Android 4.0 already have the movie studio app built in but the people who are updating their device to the latest android and don’t get the app they can always download it for free from the play store.
The movie editing app that comes built in with android 4.0 offers some of the most basic editing tools along with the options for adding filters and cropping tools. Even movie editing enthusiasts will be happy to find that they can use it efficiently to join two or more movie clips and create something new.
Although there are other movie editing apps available in android market but we have prepared this guide that will help you to get around the ICS movie editing app and take full advantage of it.
How To Use The ICS Movie Studio App
- Launch the app from your app drawer and then tap on create new project.
- After tapping on create new project option a menu will appear where you can give the name to your new project. After entering the name you will be taken to the main home screen.
- While on the home screen press the + button at the top of the window to import a video from your collection into the app.
- After the video is selected on the timeline press the FX button on top of the app. This will show you a drop down menu from which you can select the type of filter you want to add.
- From the same FX menu you can add different kinds of effects such as transitions, fade-in etc. The effects are applied at the start and end of the movie.
- If you want to add an image to your timeline press the option button in home screen and select import image from the menu. This will open up the gallery from where you can select the picture.
- You can also use the same menu to also import audio tracks and add them to your movie. When you select import music this will open up Google music from where you can select your audio trick.
- If you want to remove some clips from your timeline then just highlight the part of the clip and go to the options menu at the top and select remove options and then tap and press yes.
- After you are done editing with the movie open the options menu and select export film. This will open up a new menu this will allow you to change the quality and file size and then tap on Export.
- Depending on the editing, quality and file size of your video it might take few minutes for the video to export. If it takes too long then try creating a simple video.
There you have an easy guide that will allow you to create a nice video by editing the clips and audios.
Do let us know if you of any other apps that will help you in editing the videos that you have.