You must have heard about jailbreaking from your friends or must have read about it in some forum while you were browsing the internet. So what is actually jailbreaking? It is the process that allows you to have complete control over your device allowing you to install third party apps and also modify the device according to your liking. It’s similar to rooting which is done in android phones.
So why to jailbreak your precious iphone or ipad? Well the reason is apple controls which apps you install and which hardware of the phone you are able to exploit. The benefits of this are that under the watchful eye of apple you won’t end up running a malicious app and damage your product in one way or the other.
But still jailbreaking is a complete legal thing to do which allows you to use your phone hardware to its maximum potential and allows you to get access to features that makes your life much easier and flexible. Jailbreaking is an easy process as long as you have followed the instructions to the letter.
Things You Need
- Evasi0n Jailbreak tool
- Latest version of iTunes
- 30 pin/Lightning cable
How To Jailbreak Your IPhone Or IPad
- You need to download the Evasi0n Jailbreak tool for the specific OS of your PC. This tool will jailbreak any and all kinds of iOS device no matter the version its running.
- Make sure that your device is updated with the latest version of the iOS. If you haven’t updated then do so.
- After you have connected your device to your PC launch iTunes and perform a complete backup of your device.
- After backup is complete close your iTunes and then run the jailbreak tool that you have downloaded in the first step. Click on the jailbreak button and leave your device till the process is completed. It takes up to a few minutes for the process to be completed.
- After the process is completed your phone will reboot and you will notice a new app on your home screen called Cydia Store.
- In cydia store you will find all kinds of apps that will let you have complete control over your device. But be mindful that cydia store doesn’t check all the apps that are available unlike the app store. So do some goggling before you install an app from cydia store at least it will save you from crashing your device.
- If you want to remove all evidence of jailbreak or want to sell your phone then connect your phone to your PC and launch iTunes and then click on restore. You can choose to restore from backup that you had made and this will remove all evidence of jailbreak and restore your phone to its original condition.
There you have a simple guide that will help you to jailbreak your iphone and use it to its full potential.
Do lets us know what you think about the process and also drop us lines on what are the must have jailbroken apps.