You have really important data on your computer or perhaps you are managing your server and you don’t want other people logging in to your computer or you want to keep an eye on who is logging on to your computer and have a peace of mind.
So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to get email notifications whenever someone logs in to your computer by configuring the task scheduler to use sendemail app.
How To Get Email Notification When Someone Logs In Your Computer
- Click on start menu and type task scheduler and press enter.
- Now click on create task link on your right side
- Under general tab you have to provide the name and description for the task and then select run whether user is logged on or not
- Now on the triggers tab click on create triggers and begin a task for any user.
- Now on the action tab create a new action that will run sendemail.exe and add following argument such as -f firstname.lastname@example.org -t email@example.com -u Someone Logged Into Your Computer -m Someone just logged into your computer! -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu firstname.lastname@example.org -xp password -o tls=yes
- The above argument allows one email to be sent from one email to another with the subject someone logged into computer. You need to enter the server information such as smtp.gmail.com with port 587
- Under the conditions tab uncheck the start the task if the computer is on AC power. If your computer is laptop and its unplugged then you won’t get any emails
- Now click ok to save your task. You will receive email notifications when someone logs in your computer.
There you have a simple guide that will allow you to receive email notification whenever someone logs in your computer.
If you know of any other way with which you can receive information when some logs into your computer then do let us know.