There are many browsers available these days and each one has its own unique features and settings which allows you to customize it to your needs and use it accordingly. But majority of the browsers also feature advanced settings which are normally hidden from the normal users because modifying those settings can either further improve your browser or ruin it completely.
So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to access the hidden advanced settings of any browser. For the purpose of this guide we will be using some of the popular browser and tell you how to access and modify the advanced settings to get from your browser.
How To Change The Hidden Advanced Settings In Google Chrome
- Normally the settings are easily accessible from the settings page but you can access another settings page that allows you to enable experimental features. But these features are not stable and may crash your browser at any time so do it at your own risk.
- To access the advanced settings type in the address bar chrome://flags or about:flags and press enter.
- After you change a setting you need to restart your browser to see the changes.
How To Change Hidden Advanced Settings In Mozilla Firefox
- In the address bar type about:config and press enter to access the advanced settings.
- Take the warning seriously and also in the settings page you will notice all the settings that can be configured including the settings for extensions.
- One of the interesting hidden settings is browser.ctrlTab.previews. It will allow you to see thumbnail view of the tabs that are open when you use the Ctrl + Tab hotkey for switching tabs.
- Normally it is set to a minimum of 7 by default but you can change it by modifying browser.ctrlTab.recentlyUsedLimit setting
How To Change Hidden Advanced Settings In Internet Explorer
- The advanced settings are not normally accessible but you can tweak the settings from windows registry or by using the Group policy editor.
- If yu have group policy editor then just type gpedit.msc in run or in start menu in case of windows 8
- The IE settings will be located under Administrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsInternet Explorer.
How To Change Hidden Advanced Settings In Opera
- To find the advanced settings in address bar type opera:config
- These setting will help you to change various aspects of the browser. The settings are located under neat tabs allowing you easy understanding of what is the function of each settings.
There you have a simple guide about changing hidden advanced settings of some of the browser allowing you to customize them further to suit your needs.
Do let us know if there are any other way of changing the advanced settings in the browsers.