If you are using windows 8 pro and not happy with the function of windows 8 and also unhappy with the metro UI then you don’t have to format your windows 8 on your new computer you can just down grade it to windows 7 without paying anything extra for the down grade.
Downgrading to windows 7 will allow you to keep your files but this downgrading process is meant for business and corporates but individual owners can also downgrade it but they need to go through a lot of procedures before the downgrading is complete.
So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to easily downgrade your windows 8 system to windows 7.
Things To Do Before Downgrading Windows
- Make sure that your system supports windows 7 and you have the appropriate drivers also.
- Create a copy of your systems recovery drive so that you can easily restore your original windows 8 installation.
How To Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
- If you are using a new windows 8 pro machine then you need to enter the UEFI settings screen to enable the legacy boot option. If you are unsure about how to access the UEFI settings consult your computer’s manual.
- Get your original windows 7 pro installation disc and license key because Microsoft says any copy downloaded from file sharing website will not work as the downgrading process is meant for business users only.
- Start the windows installation as you normally would and also enter the original license key. After installation is completed click on activate windows and if it fails then it means that your key is already in use.
- If windows activates then click on start and type activate and call the number displayed on the window and explain to the customer representative that you are exercising your right to downgrade windows 8 pro.
- You will need to use windows 8 pro key to prove that you have downgrade right
- You will be given a long single use activation code which you need to enter into the activation window and your windows 7 professional will be activated.
- If you are downgrading multiple windows 8 computers then you can use the same windows 7 product key but you have to call Microsoft customer representative for an activation key.
There you have an easy guide that will allow you to downgrade windows 8 pro on your computer.
Do let us know if you know of any other way with which you can downgrade windows 8 pro to windows 7.