The lock screen of windows 8 can be annoying at times because it requires an additional button press before you can access the page where you can enter the username and password. There are many ways with which you can disable the lockscreen on your windows PC and tablet.
Most of the time we have to use certain complex procedure to disable the lockscreen especially using the group policy editor which involved many steps which sometimes becomes confusing to normal users. So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to disable the windows 8 lock screen without using the group policy editor. You can use the same method on your windows 8 in PC and windows RT.
How To Disable Windows 8 Lockscreen
- In your start menu type regedit and press enter to launch the registry editor.
- In registry editor browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsPersonalization
- If the personalization key is not present then you can right click on windows key and create a key with the name personalization
- In personalization folder right click and create a new DWORD value and name it to NoLockScreen
- Now double click NoLockScreen value and enter 1
- Now close the registry editor and you are done. You don’t even have to restart your PC to implement the changes.
- If you want to re-enable the lock screen in future then you can simply set the NoLockScreen value to 0
There you have an easy guide that will allow you to disable the lock screen without using the group policy editor.
If you know of any other way with which you can disable the windows 8 lock screen then do let us know.