Most of the time we use unique form of ringtones to differentiate between different contacts when they either call or send you an SMS. But sometimes you are busy in a meeting or in a crowded place where you can’t hear your ringtone or in office where ringtones are not allowed.
In such cases your phone is in silent mode with the vibration alert turned on which makes the phone vibrate when you receive any notification, call or SMS. But now you can customize this vibration with a free app called Vybe which will allow you to set different forms of vibration for different contacts allowing you to differentiate who is contacting with the vibration.
So we have prepared a guide that will allow you to use Vybe and set up the custom vibrations on your android phone.
How To Set Up Vybe And Create Custom Vibrations
- Head to the Google play store and download the Vybe app which is available for free.
- After you launch the app you will be seeing the first screen where you can tap the red button to set up your custom vibrations.
- Once you tap the red button you can start creating a morse code type of vibration or any other pattern that interests you.
- After you are done creating you can tap the play button to see how your creation has turned out or if you are not satisfied then you can tap on the refresh button to create a new vibration.
- If you are happy with the creation then you can save it by tapping the disk button.
- You can also use Vybe to set up different vibrations for incoming calls and SMS
- After you have recorded a pattern of vibration to assign it to a contact tap on add contact on lower right of your screen and select the contact you want it to be assigned. You can assign the same vibration pattern for multiple contacts also.
- After you are done you can tap on either apply to call or apply to sms.
- To manage the vibration patterns that you have created tap on lower left corner of the screen and from here you can either play to see a pattern of vibration or delete the ones that you don’t like.
There you have an easy guide that will allow you to create custom vibrations and assign it to your favorite contacts thus allowing you to identify that contact just based on vibrations alone.
Do let us know if you know of any other way with which you can assign and create custom vibration on your android phone.