Controlling your desktop with your android device isn’t as cool as it used to be because now you can use this same functionality to transfer files and settings between your two devices. This feature is useful when you are away from your desktop and you need to get some important files regarding your work or for some other purpose without having to go all the way back home.
There are many free apps available in the Play store that will allow you to use your android device as mouse for your desktop or keyboard or even a file manager. So we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to use your android to get complete control over your windows PC with the help of Splashtop Remote Desktop.
As you read this guide make sure you have your android device with you because it might get complicated if you are not following the step by step instruction.
How To Control Your Desktop
- Visit the play store to download the Splashtop remote desktop app. There is two version one is the regular version for the phones and another expensive HD app for the tablet. So select the version of the app you want to use.
- Now on your PC visit the page splastop.com/remote and click on get streamer button. This program will allow you to communicate with your device and also you need to install it on the PCs that you want to be controlled with your android device.
- After the streamer is installed make sure to set up a security code or password so that only you are able to access your PC.
- You can enter your Google account in streamer as well as the app in your android device.
- After you have entered the details in both the app and streamer your PC should be listed in the available desktops in the app. If you can’t see your PC listed then read around the page spalshtop.com/remote.
- Once you tap on your PC in the computer list wait for a few minutes till you are connected to your PC. Depending on the settings of your PC your resolution might change temporarily.
- Once connected your desktop will be streaming on your android device so take a few minutes to get comfortable with the controls.
- If you tap on the screen with two fingers it swaps between mouse and swipe controls. Tap on bottom right button to access the keyboard.
- If your PC is left on and streamer is running then you can connect with your PC over the internet.
- One of the cool feature of the app is that when you are playing music from your desktop the desktop allows you to mute your PC speakers while you are listening to music from your android speakers.
- The more you experiment the more features you will discover about the apps that will allow you to master you control over the desktop remotely.
There you have a simple tutorial that allows you to control your desktop remotely with the help of Splashtop Remote desktop app.
Do let us know if there are any other app that allows you to control your desktop remotely and your views if you have ever used the splashtop remote desktop app.