Social media websites like Facebook, twitter, Google+ and instagram have become an important part of our life and not a single moment passes without us updating our account with various kind of information or picture that are available in our day to day life.
Most of the time we treat these account as cloud storage for our photos so we don’t have a backup for the pictures and if we are to lose the data then it would be irreplaceable. But the chances of these giant social media to lose your data is slim.
But in either case we have prepared a guide for you that will allow you to backup your social media accounts so you wont lose any data. As the saying goes better safe than sorry because in digital world anything is possible.
How To Backup Your Facebook Account
- Log in to your Facebook account and click on the gear icon at top right corner and then click on account settings.
- In general account settings page click on download a copy of your Facebook data which can be found at the bottom of the page.
- You will get the option of either downloading a regular archive or opting for the expanded one.
- If you choose the regular archive then you will down the basic info such as your check-ins, chats and general details of photos and more.
- If you choose expanded one then you can see the data regarding the apps that you have installed and also the people that you have unfriended.
- To start downloading your archive click on start archive button followed with start my archive. You have to wait a while and you will receive an email letting you know when your data is ready for download.
How To Backup Your Twitter Account
- Log in your twitter account and click on gear icon on upper right of the screen and click settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on request your archive.
- You need to wait for some time before the archive is ready for download. You will receive an email confirming your download is ready.
- Your twitter backup will be available tweets.zip which can be extracted with any tool. The archives are made available in both HTML and CSV formats.
How To Backup Your Google+ Account
- Log in your account and click on your profile picture and then click on account.
- You get the option to download all your Google data which ranges from Picasa albums to Google voice data.
- If you click on download your data all your data will be downloaded in one archive. If you opt to choose what you download then you can choose the individual service to download.
How To Backup Your Instagram Account
- Unlike other social media account you need to use a third party website such as Instaport which allow you to download your instagram account in a zip file.
- Visit instaport and log in with your instagram account and make sure that download.zip is selected before you click on export button.
- If you want to select specific images then you can click on advanced settings and select the frames you want saved.
- In case of instaport you need to come back and check when your download is ready as no confirmatory email is sent.
There you have a simple guide which will allow you to backup your social media accounts.
Do let us know if there are any other ways with which you can backup your social media accounts.