You are downloading an important file but it’s going to take some time to download and also you want to head to bed but don’t want to keep your PC on for long so that you can save on your electricity bill you can either automate your PC to shut down at a predefined time or you can shut down your PC remotely if you had to leave your house in an emergency.
So we have prepared a guide for you using the app called Shutter which will allow you to automate your PC shut down and also you can use the apps web interface to remotely shut down your phone just using your phone.
The best part of this app is that it is available for free and features a host of other functions that allow you to assign different tasks that can either help you to save your work before you shut down the PC.
How To Use Shutter App To Automate Shut Down PC
- Visit the site www.den4b.com to download the shutter app on your PC
- Launch the app and don’t be surprised with the simplistic UI
- Click on the drop down menu of event box and you will notice the various options that you can use to automate the shutdown of your PC
- You can select from either low battery or completion of a task or closing certain windows that will trigger the shutdown process. After you have selected the trigger you need to assign a specific action to it.
- Below from the action drop down box you can select one of the many options in this case we will select shut down.
- After you are satisfied with the option that you have chosen then click on start. You can walk away from your PC and be confident that after the specified event has been triggered your PC will shut down automatically.
- Another useful option is the remote interface for shutting down your PC. Click on option and then click on web interface tab and check the enable box.
- You need to secure you remote connection so enter a username and password and click on save. Also make note of the IP address and port numbers which are shown.
- If you have a firewall installed make sure to grant the shutter app permission to access the internet.
- Now to remotely shut down your PC open the browser in your portable device and in the address bar enter the IP address followed with the port number for example 192.168.1.26:808
- After you press enter you will be prompted to enter the username and password that you set up and then click on login.
- You will be presented with a list of options with which you can either shut down or make your PC sleep.
- Before you do either to check what is going on in your PC by clicking on Information on Computer which will show the information regarding various tasks or you can click on Screenshot of a Desktop which quickly gives you an idea on the particular task that was running.
There you have an easy guide that will allow you to automate your PC shut down and even restart. Moreover you can remotely shut down your PC by using your phone browser.
Let us know if there are any other ways with which you can remotely shut down your PC or automate your PC shut down.