In today’s busy and hectic life, people usually get less time to sit back and go through a blog or website. Therefore people use to visit their favourite blogs on the go on their mobile phones. The blogger default mobile version is nothing but just an over untidy version of your cool blog. Blogger doesn’t allow you to freely edit the template of mobile version as it does for the standard templates.
Therefore we need to customize our blog for mobiles to satisfy our mobile visitors. If your blog is not customized for mobile phones then the visitors from mobile will never visit your site again.
I conclude that to make your Blogger Blog responsive to mobiles we need to create a mobile version it. So let’s start our journey of making an untidy mobile version of a blog to its well customized version .
Create a Customized Mobile Version of Blogger.com Blog
Those who are thinking that creating a mobile version of blog will require coding languages, just chill. This would require only a few mouse clicks.
1) Go to How to Go Mo and click CREATE YOUR MOBILE SITE NOW.
2) Now enter your blog address like : www.pindigit.com
3) They will identify it as a blog or a website, like PinDigit is recognized as a blog.
4) Select the template that suits your blog and the preview of the template will be showed in the right side. In blog templates, there are total 13 templates.
5) Edit Site:
This is the place for customization. You can use a Header instead of a logo, customize blog homepage, blog posts, blog comments and many more (note that there are additional widgets which can be added to your template). After you are done with it, click Next.
6) Register with details and you will be directed to page.
7) Now click SETUP MY MOBILE WEBSITE REDIRECT.
8) This is the last part and where we have to set up the redirect. PinDigit is wordpress blog; therefore we will need to install a plugin. However for blogger blogs, they will generate a unique code for every blog. Now copy the code. To set up redirection in Blogger follow the steps :
a) From Blogger Dashboard, go to Templates
b) Click EDIT HTML and then PROCEED.
c) Now find for this word “<head>”
d) Just below it paste the code you copied in STEP 8 . Now click on save and mobile redirect is set up.
The same thing applies for other websites . At last we got rid from the old fashioned mobile version of Blogger blogs. I am sure the new mobile ready version of Blogger Blog would attract the visitors who are using mobile.